Hello everyone! Getting hacked is dangerous, but getting ethically hacked will save from getting hacked. Little bit confusing, isn’t it? Let’s see.
What is ethical hacking?
Ethical hacking, also known as penetration testing or pen testing, is legally breaking into computers and devices to test an organization’s defenses. It involves an authorized attempt to gain unauthorized access to a computer system, application, or data. Thus, unlike malicious hacking, this process is planned, approved, and more importantly, legal.
Ethical hackers are often referred to as white-hat hackers. Ethical hackers learn and perform hacking in a professional manner and they are hired by organizations to look into the vulnerabilities of their systems and networks and develop solutions to prevent data breaches.
Types of ethical hacking
There are different types of ethical hacking practices since almost every component of a system can be hacked.
· Web application hacking
· Social engineering
· System hacking
· Hacking wireless networks
· Web server hacking
The process of ethical hacking
There is a six-step process that is usually performed by ethical hackers in ethical hacking.
It is the principal stage. Here the white-hat hacker attempts to gather information about the objective. It incorporates Identifying the Target, discovering the objective’s IP Address Range, DNS records, Network, and so on.
In the stage of scanning, the hacker starts to effectively test an objective machine or organization for weaknesses that can be abused.
· Gaining Access
In this stage, the hacker plans the outline of the organization of the objective and concludes that they have a few alternatives to access the organization.
· Maintaining Access
In this stage, the hacker has effectively gotten entrance into a framework and introduces a few secondary passages to go into the framework when he needs access in this possessed framework in the future.
· Clearing Track
In this stage, hackers clear their track. This step ensures that the attackers leave no clues or evidence behind that could be traced back.
In this last stage of the process, the ethical hacker create a report on the findings like weaknesses found in the system and the work that was done.
Benefits of ethical hacking
· Implementing a secure computer network that prevents security breaches.
· Discovering vulnerabilities from an attacker’s point of view, so that weak points can be fixed.
· Helps in taking preventive actions against hackers.
· Helps in building a system which prevents any kinds of penetration by hackers.
· Gaining the trust of customers and investors by ensuring the security of their products and data.
Skills Required to Become an Ethical Hacker
· Knowledge of programming
· Scripting knowledge
· Networking skills
· Understanding of databases
· Knowledge of multiple platforms like Windows, Linux, Unix, etc.
· The ability to work with different hacking tools available in the market.
· Knowledge of search engines and servers.
Ethical hacking helps you to prevent hacking. So, if you want to engage in hacking be an ethical hacker.
Hope the article is beneficial. Thank you very much for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!